12.5cm Net Pot
12.5cm Net Pots offer huge flexibility in DWC hydroponic setups and DIY projects. The slits allow the grower to use a wide variety of growing mediums. The 12.5cm Net Pot would be used best for plants that have a naturally larger and faster growing root structure.
- Built to last.
- Perfect for seedlings and propagation cuttings.
- The slits provide excellent air flow to the root zone and improved nutrient uptake.
- Size: 13.5cm x 13.5cm x 10.5cm
How to get started:
- Propagate a seed in a Peat Pellet or Rockwool Starter Plug. Alternatively, you can use a already propagated seedling bought from a nursery, just be sure to gently wash all of the medium off of the roots before placing it in your Net Pot.
- Once the roots start to grow through the bottom of your propagation medium you can place your seedling in the middle of the Net Pot and fill around the roots with Expanded Clay Pebbles or any other grow medium of your choice. If you are using a smaller sized Net Pot you may find that the propagated seedling will fit snugly into the pot without you needing to secure it with any medium.
- At this point the propagated seedling in it's Net Pot is ready to be transferred into your hydroponic system. However, if you are using the Nutrient Film Technique you may need to top feed for a week or so until the roots have grown towards the water source.
For more information check out our article on Using Net Pots in a Hydroponic Environment