5cm Net Pot - Deep
5cm Net Pots offer huge flexibility in many different types of hydroponic setups and DIY projects. They are mostly used in NFT systems, Aeroponics and Bubble Cloners. The slits allow the grower to use a wide variety of growing mediums. The smaller 5cm Net Pot is best suited to plants that have a naturally smaller, slower developing root structure.
These 7cm long Net Pots are ideal for DIY NFT Hydroponic systems where 75mm pipe is used.
- Built to last.
- Perfect for seedlings and propagating cuttings.
- The slits provide excellent air flow to the root zone and great irrigation.
- Size: 5.5cm x 5.5cm x 7cm
How to get started:
- Propagate a seed in a Peat Pellet or Rockwool Starter Plug. Alternatively, you can use a already propagated seedling bought from a nursery, just be sure to gently wash all of the medium off of the roots before placing it in your Net Pot.
- Once the roots start to grow through the bottom of your propagation medium you can place your seedling in the middle of the Net Pot and fill around the roots with Expanded Clay Pebbles or any other grow medium of your choice. If you are using a smaller sized Net Pot you may find that the propagated seedling will fit snugly into the pot without you needing to secure it with any medium.
- At this point the propagated seedling in it's Net Pot is ready to be transferred into your hydroponic system. However, if you are using the Nutrient Film Technique you may need to top feed for a week or so until the roots have grown towards the water source.
For more information check out our article on Using Net Pots in a Hydroponic Environment